LPOIC DERBY RULES
- All participants agree to abide by the regulations of the Idaho Department of Fish and Game and the rules set forth by the Lake Pend Oreille Idaho Club. General public regulations shall apply to all commercial fishing license holders. If any person aboard a boat is found guilty of an Idaho Fish and Game violation during this derby, all persons on that boat at the time of the violation will be disqualified from the derby.
- If any person in a boat has a derby ticket, all persons on that boat who have a current Idaho Fishing License MUST also be registered in the derby. This includes youths (see #5). Note: Charter Boats must also comply with this rule or all those on board will be disqualified. No Exceptions!
- Only fish caught in Lake Pend Oreille may be registered during this tournament. (Registering means weighing the fish in at an official weigh station on the day it was caught.) FISH CAUGHT IN THE CLARK FORK RIVER OR ANY TRIBUTARIES OF LAKE PEND OREILLE ARE NOT ELIGIBILE!
- All participants in the derby must register prior to fishing and must have the LPOIC registration form in their possession when registering fish. (Radio and phone registrations will not be accepted.)
- Youths 13 years and under must register for the derby. Youths who register at no cost are eligible for all “Youth Category” prizes only and are not eligible for any of the adult “paid” registration prizes, OR youths may register for the adult categories by paying the established adult fee but by doing so become ineligible for any of the “Youth Category” prizes.
- All fish must be registered at one of the approved LPOIC weigh stations. The LPOIC Derby weigh stations will be posted at all of the LPOIC Derby registration outlets prior to the derby. FISH MUST BE WEIGHED IN BY THE DESIGNATED “END OF DAY TIME” AND ON THE DAY CAUGHT. The Derby Master will announce the “END OF THE DAY TIME” and the names and locations of all approved weigh stations throughout the derby. A list of all weigh stations for each derby will also be available on the LPOIC web site located at www.lpoic.org.
- All fish must be legally caught and all fish must be available for inspection by members of the LPOIC Derby Rules Committee. If eligible for a prize, all fish, intact with entrails, MUST be delivered, as directed and announced by the Derby Master, for inspection prior to the Awards Ceremony.
- Multiple weigh-ins are allowed on Rainbows and Mackinaw.
- In the event of a weigh-in tie, the first fish weighed in will determine the winner.
- All entrants are eligible for only one award in each category.
- Any disputes regarding eligibility of a fish or an angler will be decided by the LPOIC Board of Directors and all decisions will be final.
- The LPOIC Board of Directors has the right to refuse participation in any of the LPOIC derbies by informing the individual by mail or any other means prior to the start of the derby. If the denied participant purchases a ticket after being notified, the registration fees paid by them will be returned to them by mail and they will be ineligible for any derby prizes. Note: Anyone fishing on the denied participant’s boat will be ineligible for any derby prizes.
- Prizes will be awarded at the LPOIC Derby Awards Ceremony or as otherwise decided by the LPOIC Board of Directors. All Anglers that receive more than $600 in annual prizes must file a W-9 with the LPOIC.
- The lake Pend Oreille Idaho Club is not responsible for any injuries or liabilities. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that LPOIC’s Tournament Director, its agencies, etc. are not responsible for deaths, injuries, damages, disabilities, theft, fire or losses of any kind to entrants in any of the LPOIC Derbies.
- There will be no refunds of Derby registration fees for any reason. No Exceptions!
- Fish not recovered by the angler catching the entered fish at the Awards Presentation, shall be donated to and become the property of the LPOIC.
PLEASE FISH SAFELY & RESPECT OTHERS! HELP KEEP OUR LAKE CLEAN!