Welcome to the Lake Pend Oreille Idaho Club!
DOG DAYS OF SUMMER are over. We hope everyone has enjoyed their summer, despite the heat & smoke. Now, it is coming time for FISH DAYS OF FALL!! Up first, the LPOIC Member’s only derby September the last weekend in September.
LPOIC 2021 Spring Derby Final Standings
- Adult Rainbow
- 1st Place – Pete Quigley 25.30 lbs. 35 in.
- 2nd Place – Brad Sturgis 25 lbs 35 in. Released
- 3rd Place – Doug Sheldon 23.5 lbs. 36 in.
- 4th Place – Mary Marienau 22.5 lbs. 34 1/2 in. Released
- 5th Place – Susan Houk 20 lbs. 34.5 in. Released
- Adult Mackinaw
- 1st Place – Kevin Elmore 16.15 lbs. 35 in.
- 2nd Place – Steve Wolfe 14.96 lbs. 36 in.
- 3rd Place – Scott Plue 12.86 lbs. 31in.
- 4th Place – Patrick Raynor 10.77 lbs. 30 in.
- 5th Place – Donny Endicott 10.4 lbs. 32 in.
- 6th Place – Gale Belgarde 10.2 lbs. 31 in.
- 7th Place – Paul Bel 9.9 lbs. 31 1/2 in.
- 8th Place – Marc Hull 9.86 lbs. 29 1/2 in.
- 9th Place – Dale Greene 9.65 lbs. 30 in.
- 10th Place – Mandy Hartz 9.2 lbs. 30 in.
- Junior Division
- 1st Place – Kaylee Kramer 14.02 lbs 28 in. Rainbow
- 2nd Place – Ashlynn McCorkle 11.0 lbs. 29 3/4 in. Rainbow
- Youth A Division
- 1st Place – Ariana DaVault 9 years old 11.95 lbs. 27 3/4 in. Rainbow, Released
- 2nd Place – James Tibbetts 11 years old 9.60 lbs. 29 1/4 in. Rainbow, Released
- 3rd Place – Lyla Shelton 9 years old 7.3 lbs. 25 1/2 in. Rainbow, Released
- Youth B
- 1st Place – Kole Kramer 8 years old – 32 in. Rainbow
- 2nd Place – Owen Belgarde – 3 years old – 29 in. Rainbow
- 3rd Place – Owen Peterson – 6 years old – 28 in. Rainbow
- Adult German Brown – Dale Greene .93 lbs. 14 in.
- Doug Sheldon – Winner of Frisky Jenny Challenge
- Mackinaw of the Day
- 4/24/21 – Steve Wolfe
- 4/25/21 – Marc Hull
- 4/26/21 – Kevin Elmore
- 4/27/21 – Paul Bel
- 4/28/21 – AnnaLeasha Rehard
- 4/29/21 – Scott Plue
- 4/30/21 – Mandy Hartz
- 5/1/21 – Scott Plue
- 5/2/21 – Jerry Pierce
To see all the highlights, please visit our Facebook Page.
Spring Derby Photo Contest Winner!! – Don Houk
Something about Don’s picture captivated me. Congrats Don! Don’s wife Susan gets a special mention for one of the more creative pictures we have ever had entered…
**Come get involved. General Meetings are held the second Wednesday of the month. With COVID issues, please check back on this page for updates when (and where) the next meeting will be held. Board Meetings are the fourth Wednesday of the month.
Welcome to Lake Pend Oreille Idaho Club (LPOIC). Our club is dedicated to protecting and enhancing our lake. We are primarily a fishing club, but have a vested interest in keeping our lake in pristine condition through the help of many other groups and volunteers.
Lake Pend Oreille has the distinguished honor of giving up 3 Idaho State record fish, two of which are world records. In 1947, Wes Hamlet boated a 37 lb. Rainbow, commonly referred to as a Kamloops or Gerrard Rainbow. This fish still remains the world record in it’s category. In 1949, Nelson Higgins landed a 32 lb. Bull Trout (currently protected under the Endangered Species Act) and remains the world record. In 2010, Dale Hofmann caught a 6 lb. 8 oz. 26 inch Lake Whitefish, currently an Idaho State record.
Many other species of fish can be caught on Lake Pend Oreille, but the primary fishery LPOIC is concerned with is the Gerrard Rainbow and it’s number one food source, Kokanee. To read more about the fishery, you can find a nicely written article in Sandpoint Magazine.
To become a member and help to maintain Lake Pend Oreille as a destination for trophy size fish, please visit our membership page.