Front Rudder Macks

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Front Rudder 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Front Rudder
    Participant

Was out fishing the Shelf Friday and Sunday afternoons. Couple nice smokers on Friday, a 13 pounder down 75 feet at the eastern base of the Finger and a 9 1/2 at Memaloose, in shallow at 62 feet. Sunday three Macks, a 10 and an 8 at the hump between Memaloose and the Finger and a 5 at the tip of the Finger. All on perch U-20 Flatfish down 82, 84 and 92 feet respectively. Kind of bumpy part of the time, just over 70 degree water with about 10 foot visibility. Only biites I had, but dozens of fish came up to check out the downrigger balls.

twogills
    Participant

Barb and I fished last Wed. for three hours during the middle of the day. We put a dodger and fly combo down 65 and 80’plus a couple kokanee rigs out. We got 22 kokanee for the smoker and one nice 4 lb. Rainbow on the combo at 65′. Trolling speed about 1.5 mph.

I took Don and Jean Lartz out on Thursday and we picked up our limits of kokanee in less than 3 hours. My guess is that the majority of the kokanee are between 15 and 30′ and not real picky about what type of troll you use. They really liked a six blade jacklloyd with a mostly orange wedding ring. Great time to take the kids out fishing as there is plenty of action and not much opportunity for anyone to get bored waiting for the fish to bite.

Good fishin’
    Twogills

Front Rudder
    Participant

Out after work again Friday. Pretty choppy then flattened out. Caught five Macks on the shelf in 67 to 78 feet of water. Didn’t mark any big ones, these were 21 to 24 inches. All on Perch or Chrome Perch U20’s.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.